The Association of West Virginia Solid Waste Authorities (AWVSWA) is seeking a new visual identity and needs your help. We are accepting logo designs from across the great state of West Virginia that are creative, innovative, and professional. Logos should represent and reflect the AWVSWA, its mission, and values. Please read below for more details, contest rules, and submission requirements.
Logo Contest Official Rules
The object of this contest is to design a logo for the Association of West Virginia Solid Waste Authorities (AWVSWA). The AWVSWA is a nonprofit organization with membership comprised of West Virginia county & regional solid waste authorities, corporations, organizations, and individuals with an interest in solid waste issues. The AWVSWA addresses the common concerns of its members in all matters affecting solid waste management, including reduction, reuse, recycling, and litter control in West Virginia.
The contest is open to all individuals, companies, educational institutions, and organizations.
Contestants are permitted to work in groups or individually; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded regardless of the group size.
How to Enter
1. The contest begins on January 20, 2023. Submissions will be accepted through March 31, 2023 at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced via our website, and notified through direct contact. For official contest entry, all entries must be received prior to the contest deadline by email directly to email@example.com. Once received, all logos will be considered and reviewed by the AWVSWA's logo committee, officers, and board of directors.
2. Entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in Illustrator (ai) format AND as a JPG/PNG.
3. The submission email must include: the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, age, postal address, phone number, and email address of the individual submitting the entry.
4. No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one individual or group.
5. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
6. The deadline for entry is 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on March 31, 2023.
7. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in email.
8. There are no fees to enter the Contest.
•The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Association of West Virginia Solid Waste Authorities (AWVSWA). The logo must be appropriate for a professional business setting with visibility to all demographics.
•The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise & marketing materials. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily, and to look good in both black & white, and in color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2cm x 2cm) and large scales.
•The logo must contain the following wording: Association of West Virginia Solid Waste Authorities, and/or AWVSWA. This will be a complete redesign so there are no specific color requirements for the logo.
•The logo should not be submitted as a photograph (see below for information on graphic formats), and must not contain additional text beyond the aforementioned.
•Designers are welcome to submit no more than two (2) variants of each logo design.
•Due to the requirements for high quality printing and resizing, entries must be submitted in scalable vector graphic format Illustrator (AI). We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors.
•JPGs 1000 pixels square of the logo are requested so that entries can be posted to the AWVSWA website without the need for conversion.
•The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 25MB. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so.
•To recap, each entry must consist of two (2) files: the basic logo, in Illustrator (AI) and JPG/PNG format. We are able to handle most common file compression formats.
Subject to the requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced by May 1, 2023.
The winning contestant will receive:
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by the AWVSWA logo contest committee with approval from the AWVSWA Officers and Board of Directors. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, reflection of the AWVSWA's mission, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
2. The AWVSWA reserves the right not to select a winner if, at its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
3.The AWVSWA reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to the Association of West Virginia Solid Waste Authorities. Should the winner be a minor, a parent or guardian signature will be required.
5. The winner will be notified via email and announced on the AWVSWA website.
1. All Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
2. All Entries will become the sole property of AWVSWA and may be used for any AWVSWA purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials.
3. AWVSWA shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
4. AWVSWA reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines.
5. AWVSWA reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional or business purposes in the future.
1. AWVSWA is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
2. AWVSWA reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest and award the prize by alternate means if fraud or technical failure is determined at any time, including after the submission window has closed.
3. AWVSWA is not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.
4. Void where prohibited by law